- Product CategoryThermal Diffusivity & ConductivityThermal Diffusivity & Conductivity
- Messmethode LFA LFA
- Messparameter (Failure analysis) (Failure analysis) (Filler content) (Filler content) (Improve product quality) (Improve product quality) (Incoming goods inspection) (Incoming goods inspection) (Influence of additives) (Influence of additives) (Prediction of material behavior) (Prediction of material behavior) (Process optimization) (Process optimization) (Thermal history) (Thermal history) Aging Aging Aging effects Aging effects Curing Curing Decompsotion effects Decompsotion effects Thermal diffusivity Thermal diffusivity Thermal conductivity Thermal conductivity Specific heat Specific heat
- Norm ASTM E1461 ASTM E1461 DIN EN 821 DIN EN 821
- Temperature Range von -125 bis 1100
- Heating Rate von 0.01 bis 20
- Cooling Rate von 0.01 bis 20
- Temperature Accuracy
- Gas Atmosphere air air dynamic dynamic inert inert inert (optional) inert (optional) inert: dynamic; oxidizing: static inert: dynamic; oxidizing: static oxidizing oxidizing static static vacuum vacuum
- Gas Tight Yes Yes
- Vacuum Tight 10 ^-3 10 ^-3
- Automatic Sample Changer Yes Yes
- Purpose General General
The NETZSCH LFA 457 MicroFlash® complies with the latest technology for modern laser flash systems. The table-top instrument allows measurements from -125°C to 1100°C using two different user-exchangeable furnaces.
The innovative infrared sensor technology employed in the system enables measurement of the temperature increase on the back surface of the sample, even at temperatures of -125°C.
The instrument can be used for small and large sample sizes of up to 25.4 mm diameter and, with the integrated sample changer, measurements can be run on several samples at the same time.
The vacuum-tight design enables tests under defined atmospheres.
The vertical arrangement of the sample holder, furnace and detector simplifies sample placement and, at the same time, guarantees an optimum signal-to-noise ratio of the detector signal.
The LFA 457 MicroFlash® is the most up-to-date and versatile LFA system for research and development and for all applications involving characterization of standard and high-performance materials in automobile manufacturing, aeronautics, astronautics and energy technology.
Please see below a video, produced by AZoNetwork Group, conducted with Bob Fidler from NETZSCH Instruments North America, LLC, at MS&T in Pittsburgh.