- Product CategoryThermomechanical AnalysisThermomechanical Analysis
- Messmethode TMA TMA
- Messparameter (Influence of additives) (Influence of additives) (Incoming goods inspection) (Incoming goods inspection) (Improve product quality) (Improve product quality) (Optimization of firing processes) (Optimization of firing processes) (Prediction of material behavior) (Prediction of material behavior) (Process optimization) (Process optimization) (Rate-controlled sintering) (Rate-controlled sintering) Coefficient of thermal expansion Coefficient of thermal expansion Density change Density change Glass transition temperature Glass transition temperature Expansivity Expansivity Penetration behavior Penetration behavior Phase transition Phase transition Process control and optimization Process control and optimization Rate-controlled sintering Rate-controlled sintering Shrinking steps Shrinking steps Sintering temperature Sintering temperature Softening points Softening points Stiffness properties Stiffness properties Thermal Expansion Thermal Expansion Volumetric expansion Volumetric expansion Young's modulus Young's modulus Damping properties Damping properties
- Norm ASTM E831 ASTM E831 ASTM D696 ASTM D696 ASTM D3386 ASTM D3386 DIN 51045 DIN 51045 JIS R2207 JIS R2207
- Temperature Range von -150 bis 1550
- Heating Rate von 0.001 bis 50
- Cooling Rate von 0.001 bis 50
- Temperature Accuracy
- Gas Atmosphere inert inert oxidizing oxidizing reducing reducing vacuum vacuum
- Evolved gas analysis QMS QMS FT-IR FT-IR GC-MS GC-MS
- Purpose General General High Temperature High Temperature Vertical dilatometer Vertical dilatometer
Thermomechanical Analyzer - Vertical Dilatometer
The heart of the TMA 402 Hyperion® is a highly precise inductive displacement transducer (LVDT)
This technology has stood the test of time; it is also used for dilatometers and allows measurement of even the smallest of length changes, into the nanometer range (digital resolution of 0.125 nm).
Vacuum-tight thermostatic measuring system
The entire TMA 402 Hyperion® measuring system is thermally stabilized via water-cooling. This ensures that the measurement will not be influenced by heat from the furnace or by temperature fluctuations in the local environment.
All joints have a vacuum-tight design to allow measurements in a highly pure atmosphere or under vacuum. Pressures of less than 10-4 mbar can be achieved in the TMA 402 F1/F3 Hyperion® with the use of a turbo molecular pump. In combination with the integrated mass flow controllers (MFC) for purge and protective gases (optional in the TMA 402 F3 Hyperion®), measurements in highly pure inert gas or in oxidizing atmospheres can be optimally controlled.
Simultaneous measurement of force and displacement signal
The force operating on the sample is generated electromagnetically in the TMA 402 Hyperion®. This guarantees a quick response time for experiments with a changing load, e.g. tests on creep behavior. A highly sensitive force sensor (digital resolution < 0.01 mN) continuously measures the force exerted via the push rod and readjusts it automatically. This sets the TMA 402 Hyperion® apart from other instruments, which use only preset values.
Precise force control
The electronic control system for the TMA 402 Hyperion® allows forces to be set in the mN-range. This enables testing even on sensitive materials such as thin fibers or films. The force operating on the sample can be altered via the software in a stepwise or linear fashion. This makes it particularly simple to carry out such analyses as creep or stress sweep tests. The premium version of the TMA 402 Hyperion®, the TMA 402 F1 Hyperion®, provides even more capabilities. From single pulse in rectangular or ramp form to continuous modulation with a freely Selectable frequency (up to 1 Hz), every possibility is covered. This model is particularly well-suited for determining visco-elastic material properties such as elasticity and creep modulus.
|Modular Concept||Furnaces are interchangeable and compatible with other NETZSCH instruments||Synergies in procuring and operating, easy and cost-effective expansion and retrofitting|
|Gas flows controllable via |
|Programmable atmosphere change||Analysis of, for example, oxidation behavior without manual valve operation|
|Digitally programmable |
force control up to 3 N
|Force alteration (linear/stepwise), |
continuous force modulation (TMA 402 F1 Hyperion®)
|Determination of visco-elastic properties|
|A variety of accessories, |
e.g. special sample holders,
|Expansion of the application range||Measurement of powders, liquids, pastes or metals (until melting), immersion measurements|