- Product CategoryDilatometryDilatometry
- Messmethode DIL DIL
- Messparameter Thermal Expansion Thermal Expansion Coefficient of thermal expansion Coefficient of thermal expansion Expansivity Expansivity Volumetric expansion Volumetric expansion Density change Density change Sintering temperature Sintering temperature Shrinking steps Shrinking steps Glass transition temperatures Glass transition temperatures Softening points Softening points Phase transitions Phase transitions (Influence of additives) (Influence of additives) (Optimization of firing processes) (Optimization of firing processes) (Rate-controlled sintering) (Rate-controlled sintering) (Kinetic studies) (Kinetic studies)
- Norm ASTM E831 ASTM E831 ASTM D696 ASTM D696 ASTM D3386 ASTM D3386 DIN 51045 DIN 51045 JIS R2207 JIS R2207
- Temperature Range von -180 bis 2000
- Heating Rate von 0.01 bis 50
- Cooling Rate von 0.01 bis 50
- Temperature Accuracy
- Gas Atmosphere inert inert oxidizing oxidizing reducing reducing vacuum vacuum static static dynamic dynamic
- Vacuum Tight 10 ^-4 10 ^-4
- Evolved gas analysis QMS QMS FT-IR FT-IR
- Purpose High Temperature High Temperature horizontal dilatometer horizontal dilatometer
When it comes to determination of the linear thermal expansion in solids, liquids, powders and pastes as well as ceramic fibers, the DIL 402 C vacuum-tight pushrod dilatometer leaves no measurement problem unsolved.
The perfect design of the Invar measurement system with its high-resolution displacement transducer and comprehensive thermostatic control offers the highest degree of accuracy, reproducibility and long-term stability for application temperatures up to 2000°C.
The horizontal design of the dilatometer with motorized pushrod and easy to move furnace make it simple to place samples on the special sample supports in the recess of the tube-type sample carrier, even with less than ideal sample geometries. A thermocouple in direct proximity to the sample yields reproducible temperature measurement. This also allows use of the c-DTA® Software for calculation of endothermic and exothermic effects in the sample as well as determination of all the characteristic expansion values.
The interchangeable furnaces of the dilatometer with temperature ranges from -180°C to a maximum of 2000°C cover all applications for high-precision expansion control in high-tech ceramic and metallic materials within the scope of material development and basic research as well as quality and production control.
For safe handling of sensitive samples, the DIL 402 C dilatometer can also be supplied in a modified form for installation in a glovebox.