The testing instruments of the DMA GABO EPLEXOR® series up to ±500 N enable the dynamic mechanical (or static) characterization of a wide range of different materials including elastomers and polymers, composites, metals, glasses, ceramics, biomaterials and foods, adhesives, and liquids.
The modular design of the high-force DMA systems allows for measurements in the tension, compression, bending and shearing modes. The testing machines in this series differ from each other mainly in terms of their maximum dynamic force ranges of ±25 N, ±100 N, ±150 N and ±500 N.
Various add-on options make these testing machines a safe investment for the long-term.
All testing machines in this series are conform to standards such as DIN 53513, ISO 6721/1, ISO 6721/4, ISO 6721/5, ISO 6721/6, ISO 4664, ASTM D4065, and ASTM D4473.
Flexible and Set for the Future
...by means of a variety of force and strain sensors as well as furnaces which allow for easy upgrades to the basic system at any time after the first installation
High Force Levels
...allowing for static loads up to 1500 N and dynamic loads up to ± 500 N; especially meaningful for investigations on curable resins, elastomers, composites, metals, glasses or ceramics
Two Independent Drives
...featuring a servo motor for static and a shaker for dynamic loads
Interchangeable Force Sensors
...which can be easily changed out by the operator; nominal loads available ranging from ±10 N to ±2500 N
24/7 Operation via the Automatic Sample Changer
...for tension, compression and bending samples across the entire temperature range around the clock
Optimized for Temperature Sweeps on Large Samples
...thanks to uniform heating of even large samples with low thermal conductivity (e.g., large rubber specimens)
Highly Economic LN2 Cooling
...for low liquid nitrogen consumption
Simultaneous Determination of Dynamic Mechanical and Dielectric Material Properties
- Temperature range:
-160°C to 1500°C (temperature range covered by three furnaces)
- Frequency range:
0.01 Hz to 100 Hz; optional 0.0001 Hz and 200 Hz
- Static force range:
up to 1500 N
- Dynamic force range:
± 500 N, ± 150 N, ± 100 N, ± 25 N
- Force sensor:
interchangeable; nominal forces available from ±10 N to ±2500 N
- Blade springs:
counteract the static forces and allow for independent superposition of the dynamic forces
- Static displacement:
- Dynamic displacement:
available strain sensors: ± 1.5 mm, ± 3 mm and ± 6 mm (depending on the DMA GABO EPLEXOR® model)
- Supplementary analysis modes:
creep, relaxation, fatigue, heat build-up, curing, tensile tests, rolling resistance of tires, tackifying
- Max. sample dimensions (inside the standard furnace):
- tension: 80 mm x 10 mm x 10 mm (80 mm length)
- shear: ∅ 4 mm to 20 mm (standard: 10 mm)
- 3-point bending: up to 70 mm free bending length (up to 120 mm sample length)
- Sample holders:
3/4-point bending, tension, shear, compression, single/dual cantilever bending, asymmetric bending, curing/liquids, immersion tests, for fiber bundles; holder for T and H tests (tire cords)
- Automatic sample length detection or thickness determination possible in tensile, compression and bending geometries
The comprehensive DMA GABO EPLEXOR® software is based on Windows operating systems. The extensive software package comprises data and curve analyses, hysteresis representation, master curve calculations, etc.
It also includes specific templates for tension, compression or bending tests.
The software features include:
- Frequency sweep of 0.001 Hz to 100 Hz (optional 0.0001 Hz and 200 Hz)
- Temperature sweep (controlled temperature variation at fixed frequency)
- Time sweep from 1 s to 107 s
- Correlated temperature and frequency sweep at isothermal steps
- Correlated dynamic and static strain amplitude sweeps; equidistantly or logarithmically subdivided
- Master curves (TTS, WLF, numeric mastering), segment tests
- Evaluation of complex modulus (E*, G*), storage modulus (E’, G’), loss modulus (E’’, G’’) damping factor (t and δ) by temperature sweeps, strain and force sweeps, time sweeps, glass transition temperature, and optional creep, relaxation, fatigue, energy loss, hysteresis, Payne/Mullins effect analysis and crack growth testing
- Determination of the thermal expansion in tension mode (optional)
- Prediction of the rolling resistance of tires (optional)
Sample Holders for a Variety of Applications
...from liquids via reinforced thermosets to metals and ceramics — all materials can be investigated with the DMA GABO EPLEXOR®.
DiPLEXOR® - Simultaneous DMA and DEA (on request)
...for the investigation of transport and relaxation processes on the molecular level.
Humidity Generator (HYGROMATOR®)
...add-on serves to investigate the water uptake of samples such as plastics and biopolymers. With the humidity generator, it is possible to create relative humidity values of between 5% and 95% in the temperature range between 5°C and 95°C.
...even for measurements in the tension, compression and bending mode; for the investigation of aging or plasticizer effects caused by contact with water or oil.
Goodrich Flexometer Module
...for the optimization of the thermal properties and life cycle of tire mixtures; applies a cyclic load and measures the resulting temperature change due to heat build-up.
...two different cooling systems are available including liquid nitrogen cooling to -160°C and air chiller to -60°C to use with the standard furnace
DMA Measurements in Reactive Atmospheres
...containment with fume hood for in-situ investigations protects the laboratory environment.