Simultaneous dielectric (DEA) and dynamic mechanical (DMA) analyses allow for the determination of dielectric material properties under different mechanical loads.
With this combination, structural and dynamic mechanical information can be obtained. The DMA part investigates the viscoelastic properties of substances such as carbon black-filled rubber blends and compounds. The DEA part analyzes the intrinsic structure and distribution of the cluster within the polymer.
Only by combining DMA and DEA into a simultaneous analysis can one clearly understand changes in the structure, size and distribution of the cluster structure within the polymer matrix due to and during dynamic mechanical loading.
Dynamic mechanical specimen testing causes changes in the mechanical properties of a material. When the mechanical stress is halted, recovery processes are initialized which change the structure again. Only simultaneous DEA and DMA investigations allow for the monitoring of structural changes during dynamic mechanical sample loading processes.
DMA Measurement Information
- Stiffness and damping properties
- Phase transitions
- Aging effects
- Cracking processes
- Changes in the physical state due to external constraints like temperature, frequency, irradiation or mechanical loads (e.g., compression or tensile stresses)
- Glass transition temperature of highly cross-linked, amorphous or semi-crystalline polymers, elastomers, rubbers and composites
- Creep and relaxation
- Stress and strain sweeps
- Frequency sweeps
- Temperature sweeps
DEA Measurement Information
- Electrical conductivity
- Information about cluster structure
- Information about carbon black density
RT to 500°C; optional: -160°C to 500°C
- Dynamic force range:
up to ± 500 N
- Static force range:
up to 1500 N
- Dynamic strain:
up to ± 1.5 mm (3 mm*); optional: ± 6 mm (12 mm*)
- Frequency range:
0.001 Hz to 100 Hz; optional: 0.0001 to 200 Hz
- Dielectric broadband analyzer:
Dielectric impedance spectroscopy for ε* and δ*
- Frequency range of dielectric broadband analyzer:
0.01 Hz up to 10 MHz
- Optional accessories: HYGROMATOR®, UV accessory
* Peak force (peak-to-peak)
Additional configurations are available; please see DMA GABO EPLEXOR® brochure or ask your local representative.