The DSC 404 F1 Pegasus®, High-Temperature Differential Scanning Calorimeter, is designed for the exact determination of specific heat of high-performance materials at high temperatures.
- Determination of thermodynamic properties of ceramics and metallic high-performance materials
- Performance of quantitative enthalpy and cp determinations in a pure gas atmosphere
- Vacuum-tight up to 10-4 mbar for creation of highly pure atmospheres for tests on materials sensitive to oxidation
- Characterization of amorphous metals, shape memory alloys and inorganic glasses
This DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® stands for highest flexibility, excellent quality and optimal performance.
The DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® comprises a high-capacity heat flux DSC for highly sophisticated application measurements.
The concept of the DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® allows configuration for up to eight different furnace types, easily interchangeable by the user, for a wide temperature range within -150°C to 2000°C (please see accessories).
We offer diverse sensors for DSC and DTA measurements, various crucible types as well as a great variety of technical accessories.
An important hardware extension, like the automatic sample changer (ASC) for up to 20 sample and reference crucibles, and software features, such as BeFlat® for an optimized baseline or the optional temperature modulation of the DSC signal (TM-DSC) make the DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® the most versatile DSC system for research & development, quality assurance, failure analysis and process optimization.
The DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® is the ideal tool for your daily laboratory work.
- The DSC cp sensors enable extremely accurate determination of the specific heat:
- RT to 1400°C: ± 2.5%
- RT to 1500°C: ± 3.5%
- A graphite furnace with W/Re sensors for DTA-measurements up to 2000°C is available.
- Extension with unique OTS® system is available.
- Optional available is the TM-DSC software feature for temperature modulation of the DSC signal.
- An automatic sample changer (ASC) for up to 20 samples and references is available (option).
|Type||Temperature range||Cooling system|
|Silver furnace||-120°C to 675°C||liquid nitrogen|
|Copper furnace||-150°C to 500°C||liquid nitrogen|
|Steel furnace||-150°C to 1000°C||liquid nitrogen|
|Platinum furnace||RT to 1500°C||forced air|
|Silicon carbide furnace||RT to 1600°C||forced air|
|Rhodium furnace||RT to 1650°C||forced air|
|Graphite furnace||RT to 2000°C||tap or chilled water|
The DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® runs under Proteus® Software on Windows®. The Proteus® Software includes everything you need to carry out a measurement and evaluate the resulting data. Through the combination of easy-to-understand menus and automated routines, a tool has been created that is extremely user-friendly and, at the same time, allows sophisticated analysis.The Proteus® Software is licensed with the instrument and can of course be installed on other computer systems.
- Determination of onset, peak, inflection and end temperatures
- Automatic peak search
- Transformation enthalpies: analysis of peak areas (enthalpies) with selectable baseline and partial peak area analysis
Complex peak analysis with all characteristic temperatures, area, peak height and half-width
- Comprehensive glass transition analysis
- Automatic baseline correction
- Degree of crystallinity
- OIT (oxidative induction time) evaluation
- Specific heat determination
- BeFlat® for automatic baseline correction
- DSC correction: evaluation of exo- and endothermal effects under consideration of system time constants and thermal resistance values
- Tau-R® Mode: takes into account the time constant and thermal resistance of the instrument and reveals thus sharper DSC effects from the sample
- TM-DSC module software extension for temperature-modulated DSC tests (optional)
You can use the following software with this product:
A variety of sample crucibles (pans) made of alumina, platinum, aluminum, graphite, fused silica etc. is available in different sizes.
The concept allows for equipping the measuring instrument with a double-furnace hoisting device for two furnaces. Instead of a second furnace, an automatic sample changer (ASC) can optionally be used. Modular flexibility and particularly the combinability with the ASC saves a great amount of time and thus directly results in an increased sample throughput.
Optionally available, the OTS® system allows for reducing effectively the oxygen partial pressure at the sample vicinity.
The automatic sample changer (ASC) is designed for routine measurements. It works day and night, giving you time for other tasks, and provides for optimal use of the DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® (e.g. calibrations on the weekend).
A carousel is available for up to 20 sample and reference crucibles (pans) which can be automatically run in any order. The controlled generation of the required gas atmosphere in the sample chamber and cooling are automatic.
Of course, each sample can be assigned an individual measurement and evaluation macro. Easy-to-understand input masks lead you through the programming of the measurement series. And it is always possible to insert unplanned analyses into a preprogrammed series of measurements that is already in progress.
With the PulseTA® technique an exactly defined quantity of gas is injected to the purge gas of the thermobalance (TGA) or the simultaneous thermal analysis instrument (STA).
This clearly increases the measuring possibilities:
- Defined/incremental chemical reactions or adsorption of the injection gas with the sample
- Quantification of gases evolved from the sample.
|Crucibles (Pans) for the DSC 404 F1/F3 Pegasus®|
|PtRh/Al2O3||Max. 1700°C||Crucible + liner + lid||For metal melts and other reactive materials||6.225.6-93.2.00|
|Al2O3 (99.7%)||Max. 1700°C||Crucible||∅6.8mm/85µl||GB399972|
|Al2O3 (99.7%)||Max. 1700°C||Lid||For GB399972||GB399973|
|Pt/Rh (80/20)||Max. 1700°C||Crucible||∅6.8mm/85µl||GB399205|
|Pt/Rh (80/20)||Max. 1700°C||Crucible||∅6.8mm/0.19ml||Height 6mm||NGB801556|
|Al (99.5)||Max. 600°C||Crucible||∅6.7mm/85µl||Set of 100 pieces||NGB810405|
|Al (99.5)||Max. 600°C||Lid||For NGB810405||NGB810406|
|Gold (99.9)||Max. 900°C||Crucible + lid||∅6.7mm/85µl||6.225.6-93.3.00|
|ZrO2||Max. 2000°C||Lid||For GB397053||GB397052|
Application brochure: "Material Characterization, Phase Changes, Thermal Conductivity", 16 pages
Determination of density change, specific heat and thermal diffusivity/conductivity prior to, during and after the sintering
published: DKG, 82 (2005) No. 10 E32
Determination of the heat capacity of hexagonal single crystal GaN between 20 and 1400K.
published: Phys. Rev. B72 (2005) 075209
In order to download the complete paper, please use this link: journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.72.075209
Determination of solidus and liquidus temperature as well as latent heat of fusion of a titanium aluminide alloy
published: JTAC, 73 (2003) 381
In order to download the complete paper, please use this link: link.springer.com/article/10.1023%2FA%3A1025130902174
Oxidative-induction time (OIT) measurements allow for characterization of the long-term stability of hydrocarbons. For determination of the oxidative stability, standardized test methods by means of DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) are used. OIT tests by means of DSC are internationally recognized. Well-established standards are e.g., ASTM D3895-92, ASTM D6186, EN 728 und ISO 11357-6.