The DIN CEN/TS 1187 standard specifies four test methods for determining the fire behavior of roofs when exposed to external fire. The TDP T4 allows for a test in accordance with test method 4. This two-step method assesses the fire behavior of roofs using incendiary devices, wind and additional radiant heat. It determines whether and how fire penetrates the roof and the extent of falling or burning material on the rooftop and/or on the underside.
Samples which are representative of the overall roof structure can be tested in a frame with the dimensions of 840 x 840 mm2. The tiltable sample holder also allows for the testing of specified roof pitches. The radiant plate can be easily moved from the calibration position to the test position by means of the joint integrated into the solid steel frame.
Interested in a test in accordance with test method 3?
More about the TDP T3
Testing is carried out in two stages: the Preliminary Test (stage 1) and the Burn-Through Test (stage 2). The Preliminary Test determines whether the test sample is ignited by the presence of a simulative incendiary device without being exposed to thermal radiation. The Burn-Through test adds wind and radiant heat, generated by the fan and the radiant panel, in order to test the burning behavior of the roof sample under realistic conditions.
To classify the test sample, this method investigates – in addition to the duration of the flames – the extent of flame spread, the timing and type of roof penetration, and the occurrence, dripping or falling of burning or molten material.
- Mobile stainless steel base frame with rails as a receptacle for the movable sample carrier trolley
- Sample carrier trolley with upward-opening sample cover and integrated observation window
- Two solid opposing steel girder constructions with swivel mechanism for the radiant heater panel, 2 lockable positions (calibration position/test position)
- High-quality radiant heater, consisting of 4 individual square radiant heater elements. Each 300 mm by 300 mm, heat-resistant up to 900°C mounted on a 45° swivel frame and equipped with four ignition electrodes.
- Fire simulation by burner lance with pressure reducer and gas connection hose
- Wind simulation as needed for T4 test by integrated fan
- Gas supply to the radiant panel via measuring and control unit
- Measuring and control unit with intuitive touch display for easy user guidance
- All components can be controlled individually and manually at any time
- Useful accessories for calibrating the roof fire testing stand are included in the scope of delivery