The Kinexus lab+ is designed to withstand the rigors of a busy Quality Control laboratory, to provide robust and reliable rheological test capabilities. Ease of use is paramount in this environment, and the rSpace software enables Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) driven rheological testing for test protocols that can be used company wide.
- All modes of rheological operation – stress control, shear rate control and direct strain controlled oscillation.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up – including sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality for robust Quality Control measurements.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of complex fluids and soft solids, including dispersions, emulsions, polymer and surfactant solutions, pastes and gels.
- Modular rheometer with unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates for a cost-effective solution addressing the widest application coverage.
- Disposable plate option for curing materials
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities offer maximum user access and flexibility for ease of sample loading.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex non-Newtonian materials actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Dynamic shear rheometer configuration for routine and QC testing of asphalt binders.
The Kinexus is an essential analytical tool for the food and drinks industry, whether determining the texture (mouth feel) of chocolate, the yield stress of a sauce (to prevent it flowing away), the stability of a smoothie, the tackiness of a jam or the snap on a biscuit. The versatility of the instrument means that a wide variety of measurements can be conducted on all types of foods and drinks, from solids, pastes, gums, gels and liquids.
In order to achieve the desired performance of an ink or paint, understanding the required rheological properties is very critical. Viscosity, viscoelasticity, thixotropy and yield stress are important parameters to analyse when considering ink or paint formulation. Behaviour at rest conditions, in order to achieve stability, needs to be different in behaviour during application where the product needs to flow properly prior to deposition. Optimising the rheological properties allows for control of parameters such as print resolution, orange peel effects, sagging and stability.
Emulsion formulation of a topical cream, stability of an oral medicine, or the flow of a personal care product are all common applications studied on the Kinexus rotational rheometer. By using the Kinexus you can ensure stability across a temperature range for transportation in preparation for a product to be distributed around the world. The Kinexus software encompasses a wide range of solution based pre-programmed tests that guide you through the measurement depending on application and required sample property. In addition, the ability to operate under 21 CFR allows the control of different user access according to an individual’s laboratory role.
Not only is the Kinexus an essential analytical tool for the R&D industry, it also sits well in the QC environment. The ability to customise and create bespoke methods within the rSpace software makes its performance in a QC lab paramount. Methods can include specific instructions according to sample type, pass-fail criteria, automatic analysis, save, export of results and report generation all with the push of one button.