The GHP 456 Titan® is the ideal tool for researchers and scientists in the field of insulation testing. Based on the well-known, standardized guarded hot plate technique (e.g. ISO 8302, ASTM C177, DIN EN 12939 or DIN EN 12667), the system features unrivalled performance over an unmatched temperature range.
Combining state-of-the-art technology with the highest quality standards, NETZSCH has designed a robust and easy-to-operate instrument, featuring unparalleled reliability and optimum accuracy over a broad temperature range.
The NETZSCH GHP 456 Titan® is the new benchmark in Guarded Hot Plate measurements.
- Temperature range
-160 to 250°C
- Thermal Conductivity range
0 to 2 W/(m*K)
inert, oxidizing, or vacuum
high – typically ± 2%
(depending on the measuring conditions and the sample properties)
- Sample thickness
up to 100 mm
- Plate dimensions
300 mm (standard versions)
- Vacuum-tight by design
(down to 5x10-4 mbar)
- Cooling devices
- Forced air: minimum 40°C
- Refrigerated bath circulator:
- Liquid nitrogen cooling system: -160°C
- Based on e.g.,
ISO 8302, DIN/EN 12667, DIN/EN 12939, DIN/EN 13163, etc.
The GHP 456 Titan® runs under 32+64bit Software on Windows® 7. The Software combines easy operation and handling and complex control and evaluation algorithms. Multiple windows offer a fast and largely comprehensive overview of the instrument activity.
- Integrated digital control system (automatic commands for hot plate, guard ring, upper and lower cold plate and surrounding furnace)
No adjustments on measurement temperature, atmosphere or thermal resistance of sample required
- Equilibration parameters adjustable at any time
- Results printable as graphs or tables
- Various pump systems (rotary pumps, turbo molecular pumps) are available for the GHP 456 Titan®.The system can be easily extended later on by add the appropriate pump to the connections of the system.
- Standard materials: Various kinds of certified (NIST, NPL) standard materials (fiber insulations, foam insulations) are available for the system.
- Cooling of the heat sinks: The heat sinks can be cooled with forced air (for mean sample temperatures above 40°C) with a chiller (for mean sample temperatures above 0°C) or with liquid nitrogen. The liquid nitrogen is supplied from a feeding system via a software controlled supply system.
- For measurements of powders and flakes special calcium silicate frames are available, fitting exactly to the plate dimensions.
Product brochure: Thermal Conductivity; Methods, Technique, Applications, 12 pages
Application brochure: "Material Characterization, Phase Changes, Thermal Conductivity", 24 pages
Our poster “Thermal Properties of the Elements” shows the following values at a glance: melting point, boiling point, specific heat, heat of fusion, thermal expansion coefficient, thermal conductivity and density.