- Melting temperatures and enthalpies
- Crystallization temperatures and enthalpies
- Glass transitions
- Solid-solid interactions (e.g., compatibility)
- Phase diagrams
- Eutectic purity
- Solid-fat content
- Reaction temperatures and enthalpies
- Cross-linking reactions (curing)
- Oxidation-induction time and temperature (OIT (isothermal), OIT (dynamic), OOT)
Intelligent software – AutoEvaluation and Identify
AutoEvaluation, a unique feature of the Proteus® software, evaluates endothermic or exothermic effects fully automatically with just one click. The result of this evaluation can serve as a second opinion when assessing samples of unknown composition. Identify is a database system for curve recognition and interpretation. The included libraries currently contain more than 1200 entries. However, customers can easily create their own libraries and expand them with own measurements.
With its space-saving design, the DSC 214 Nevio fits into even the smallest of labs.
Everything in one package
Even the basic version of the instrument comes with everything necessary to perform measurements correctly and evaluate them successfully.
Ready if you need it
Using the SetPoint function, it is possible to schedule the day and time when the cooling device and the gas flow should be active, so the DSC is always ready for work right on time.
Perfectly synchronized sensor/crucible system
A Concavus® pan, which features a concave outer bottom, forms a clearly defined, ring-shaped contact zone when positioned on the sensor. This results in optimum reproducibility.
The automatic sample changer (ASC) works overnight or during the weekend
Up to 19 samples – either belonging to a single series or independent of each other – can be handled with the optional automatic sample changer without operator intervention. This frees up time to focus on other important tasks.
The Proteus® Protect software meets the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11.
- Temperature range (max.)
-170°C to 600°C
- Max. cooling rate/max. heating rate:
- Measuring range
± 750 mW
- Enthalpy accuracy:
- TGA resolution:
- Indium Response Ratio (*):
- Exchangeable sensors:
- Cooling options:
- Air compressor: RT to 600°C
- Compressed air: < 0°C to 600°C
- Intracooler: -70°C to 600°C
- Liquid nitrogen: -170°C to 700°C
- Gas atmospheres:
Inert, oxidizing, static and dynamic
- Mass flow controller for purge/protective gas:
3, integrated (0 to 250 ml/min)
- Gas flow regulation:
- Automatic Sample Changer (ASC):
min. Proteus® 8
- Proteus® software extensions included:
- (Advanced) BeFlat®
- Proteus® software extensions (optional):
- Temperature modulation
- Specific heat capacity (cp)
- Proteus® Protect
- Purity Determination
- Advanced Software extensions (optional):
- Peak Separation
- Kinetics Neo
- Thermal Simulations
- Size (W x H x D) – incl. ASC, without physical connections:
350 mm x 445 mm x 560 mm
* minus weight of crucible
** for indium