The NETZSCH LFA 457 MicroFlash® complies with the latest technology for modern laser flash systems. The table-top instrument allows measurements from -125°C to 1100°C using two different user-exchangeable furnaces.
The innovative infrared sensor technology employed in the system enables measurement of the temperature increase on the back surface of the sample, even at temperatures of -125°C.
The instrument can be used for small and large sample sizes of up to 25.4 mm diameter and, with the integrated sample changer, measurements can be run on several samples at the same time.
The vacuum-tight design enables tests under defined atmospheres.
The vertical arrangement of the sample holder, furnace and detector simplifies sample placement and, at the same time, guarantees an optimum signal-to-noise ratio of the detector signal.
The LFA 457 MicroFlash® is the most up-to-date and versatile LFA system for research and development and for all applications involving characterization of standard and high-performance materials in automobile manufacturing, aeronautics, astronautics and energy technology.
- Temperature range:
-125°C to 500°C, RT to 1100°C, (2 exchangeable furnace types)
- Heating- and cooling rates:
0.01 K/min to 50 K/min
- Laser pulse energy:
up to 18 J/pulse, (adjustable power)
- Measuring range:
0.01 mm2/s to 1000 mm2/s (thermal diffusivity)
- Measuring range:
0.1 W/mK to 2000 W/mK (thermal conductivity)
- Sample dimensions:
10 mm to 25.4 mm diameter (also 8x8 mm and 10x10 mm, square) 0.1 mm to 6 mm thickness
- Sample holder: SiC, graphite
Liquid metal holder: sapphire
Sample holder for liquids: platinum
inert, oxidizing, reducing, static, dynamic
- Vacuum-tight assembly
up to 10-2 mbar (1 Pa)
The LFA 457 MicroFlash® runs under Proteus® Software on Windows®. The Proteus® Software includes everything you need to carry out a measurement and evaluate the resulting data. Through the combination of easy-to-understand menus and automated routines, a tool has been created that is extremely user-friendly and, at the same time, allows sophisticated analysis. The Proteus® Software is licensed with the instrument and can of course be installed on other computer systems.
- Accurate pulse length correction, pulse mapping
- Heat-loss corrections, all literature models are integrated
- Non-linear regression for Cowan fit
- Improved Cape-Lehmann model through consideration of multi-dimensional heat loss and non-linear regression
- Radiation correction for semi-transparent samples
- 2- or 3-layers systems: analysis by means of non-linear regression and consideration of heat loss
- Determination of contact resistance in multi-layer systems
- Model wizard for selecting the optimum evaluation model
- Determination of specific heat by means of a comparative method and standard samples
- Integrated databank
You can use the following software with this product:
- The LFA 457 MicroFlash® is equipped with a cooling thermostat to guarantee the greatest temperature and long-term stability
- Various vacuum pumps enable measurements at reduced pressure or in pure, oxygen-free atmospheres
- Flow meter for purge gas
- Sample holders and caps made of SiC and graphite for standard sample dimensions
- A number of sample holders made of platinum, aluminum and sapphire are available in various sizes for liquid samples, metal melts, slags and fibers
- Reference samples for thermal diffusivity
- Reference samples for specific heat
- Sample preparation machines
Introduction of a new sample container for measurement of thermophysical properties such as thermal diffusivity on liquids, pastes and molten polymers
published: Thermochim. Acta, 455 (2007) 26
Determination of thermal diffusivity, volumetric expansion and specific heat of NPL reference material inconel 600
published: High Temperatures - High Pressures, 35/36 (2003/2007) 621
For the thermoelectric materials, in particular, the MNiSn (M = Ti, Zr, Hf) system thermal conductivity and thermoelectric transport proprties are investigated.
published: Applied Physics Letters 88 (2006) 042106
In order to download the complete paper, please use this link: scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/apl/88/4/10.1063/1.2168019
Broszura aplikacyjna: "Material Characterization, Phase Changes, Thermal Conductivity", 16 stron (anglojęzyczny)