The Korean Chemical Society, as an academic organization, promotes research and education in the field of chemistry and the chemistry profession as a vital resource for Korea's economic and social development. The Korean Chemical Society is trying to help actively Korean chemists and contribute to the prosperity of all humankind in the 21st century. The philosophy of the Society is captured in the catchphrase, "Green Chemistry, Clean World".
- Development of the Chemical Society through various academic activities
- Cultivation of the future chemists and popularization of Chemistry through chemical education and outreach programs
- Development of the Korean chemical industry through educational-industrial cooperation in matters related to chemistry
- Globalization of Korean Chemical Society through positive international activities
- Development of the Chemical Society through cooperation with chemical science and other technology societies
- Supporting the development of chemistry through construction of database of chemistry-related information