- Characteristic temperatures (melting, crystallization, polymorphous transitions, reactions, glass transition)
- Melting, crystallization, transformation and reaction heats (enthalpies)
- Crystallinity of semi-crystalline substances
- Decomposition, thermal stability
- Oxidative stability (OIT, OOT – oxidative-induction time and oxidation onset temperature, respectively)
- Degree of curing in resins, adhesives, etc.
- Eutectic purity
- Specific heat (cp)
- Compatibility between components
- Influence of aging
- Distribution of the molecular weight (peak form for polymers)
- Impact of additives, softeners or admixtures of re-granulates (for polymer materials)
- The DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® and DSC 404 F3 Pegasus® are two versions for the precise determination of specific heat and caloric effects, particularly in the high-temperature range.
- The DSC 204 F1 Phoenix® is our premium device for the temperature range from -180°C to 700°C. It unites excellent performance and highest flexibility. Coupled to a UV add-on (Photo-DSC 204 F1 Phoenix®), it allows for monitoring the light-induced curing of, for example, paints, adhesives and resins.
- With the DSC 204 HP Phoenix®, measurements under increased pressure can be carried out (up to max. 150 bar).
- The DSC 214 Polyma is a completely new concept. Designed especially for the characterization of polymer materials, its integral approach consists not only of the DSC instrument alone, but also incorporates the entire analytical process chain from sample preparation to evaluation.
All differential scanning calorimeters discussed here operate based on the respective instrument standards as well as application or material testing specifications, including ISO 11357, ASTM E968, ASTM E793, ASTM D3895, ASTM D3417, ASTM D3418, DIN 51004, DIN 51007 and DIN 53765.
All NETZSCH DSC instruments work in accordance with the heat-flux principle and feature high detection sensitivity and long service lives – ideal conditions for successful application in research and academia, material development and quality control.