Especially in the polymer field as well as in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries, it can be very useful to have knowledge about the gases that evolve during a process, curing/cross-linking, decomposition or any other reaction.
With the vacuum-tight thermal balances and simultaneous thermal analysis instruments TG 209 F1 Libra®, TG/STA 449 F3 Jupiter® and TG/STA 449 F1 Jupiter®, TG/STA 449 F5 Jupiter®, STA 2500 Regulus, DIL 402 Expedis Select & Supreme, and TMA 402 F1/F3 Hyperion®, as well as with the dynamic differential calorimeters DSC 404 F1 Pegasus® and DSC 204 F1 Phoenix®, NETZSCH offers you efficient systems for coupling to a Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer (FT-IR). The transfer line and the connection adaptors to the furnaces can be heated up to 230°C to prevent condensation of the decomposition products to the greatest extent possible. For spectra interpretation, extensive gas phase libraries are available.
The FT-IR coupling can be employed for the following application areas:
- Residual solvent content
- Solid-gas reactions
- Compositional analysis
- Binder burn-out
- Coal analysis
- Polymer content
- Ash content
- Evaporation, outgassing
- Analysis of decomposition processes
- Detection of volatiles
- Analysis of aging processes
- Desorption behavior
The FT-IR coupling runs under OPUS and Proteus® software on Windows®. Proteus® includes everything you need to carry out a measurement and evaluate the resulting data. Easy-to-understand menus and automated routines make Proteus® extremely user-friendly while still allowing for sophisticated analysis. Proteus® software is licensed with the instrument and can of course be installed on other computer systems.
- Simultaneous measuring, data acquisition, and data storage with the two software packages: Proteus® (NETZSCH) for thermal analysis data, and OPUS (Bruker Optics) for FT-IR spectra and traces
- OPUS/CHROM software as 2D and 3D plots for FT-IR and TG/STA/DSC measuring curves as functions of time and temperature
- OPUS/SEARCH with spectra library
- Traces for evaluation of characteristic temperatures and peak area together with thermal analysis curves
- Gram-Schmidt plot with temperature and peak area calculation together with thermal analysis curves